The art appraiser resume must highlight your experience in judging the value of artwork. You have to research the market value of the artwork, and find the correct price for your clients. Attention to other details is also necessary when concluding the worth of artwork or artifacts. According to the nature of the job, the art appraiser resume should show your ability to conduct research, recognize the value, differentiate between original and counterfeit artwork, and finding out the origination of the artwork.
The art appraiser should include work experience of art galleries and museum. You will find lots of resume samples if you search for it on the internet. Everything that is needed in creating a resume such as resume template, resume writing skills is easily available because of the internet. Take some assistance from this art appraiser resume sample.
Art Appraiser Resume
Wendell A. Manley
2256 Hinkle Deegan Lake Road
Guilford, NY 13780
Phone: (607) XXX-5896
To work as art appraiser and help clients in fetching the right price for their artwork with help of my research and evaluation skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Immense passion and love for art
- Knowledge of medieval and modern art
- Ability to research, and evaluate the artwork
- Value customers’ interest and faith
- Ability to maintain clients’ confidentiality
- Attitude to generate fair estimation of the artwork
- Knowledge of the tax laws, sales law and exchange rate of international currencies
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills
Fine Art Appraisal Services, Guilford, NY
2009 – Present
- Examine artworks such as paintings, antiques, sculptures and artifacts
- Appraise artwork according to its purpose i.e. insurance or sale
- Find out an exact price for the artwork by researching its market value
- Research the history or the similar type of artwork to find out what price it fetched
- Consider the size, age, condition, year of creation, medium used, and theme of artwork for appraisal
- Examine the authenticity of the artwork
- Check for tiny cracks, tears and sloppy touch-ups while appraising artwork
- Check the origination of the artwork by reading the artist’s signature and date of creation
- Hold and conduct an auction for sale of artwork and invite bidding
- Confirm the discoloration of the artwork by using quartz light
- Perform chemical testing and x-ray painting on artworks to judge its authentication or forgery
Bachelor’s Degree in Art and History
ABC University, Guilford, NY
Appraising art needs creative skills and artistic background to evaluate all types of imaginative works. The job also needs the ability to arrange and conduct the auction for the sale of artwork. If you are trying to enter this profession, use this art appraiser resume sample to make your career.