The chief pilot resume is written to brief the work history, training and education you have achieved. It should emphasize your ability to lead, train and motivate the team of pilots to perform according to the Federal safety codes and company’s policies. The duties of the chief pilot may differ among airline companies. Therefore, when you are writing the chief pilot resume, you must carefully understand the position requirements published by the company. Some may stress on your training and leadership abilities, while others may prefer your business relationship skills.
To make the chief pilot resume effective, you must highlight the planning, directing and coordination skills, since you are required to manage a team of at least 10 pilots, which will depend how big or small the airline company is. In addition, you must also communicate your computer proficiency level. Take some help to convey your qualities from the resume writing tips on the internet. For a resume example, this sample of chief pilot resume will find you on driver’s seat.
Sample Chief Pilot Resume
Max D. Payne
150 Flying Zone, Pilot Streets
Ohio, IL 75412
Phone: (650) XXX-7498
Seeking a position of a chief pilot in an airline company where I can apply my training, evaluation and leadership skills in motivating a team of pilots in achieving the company’s goals.
Summary of Qualifications
- Great leadership qualities and experienced in leading a team of 20+ pilots
- Excellent organizational, coordination and supervision skills
- Flair and command over spoken and written English language
- Trained and licensed commercial pilot
- Knowledge of the aviation industry
- Skilled in performing and supervising routine administrative tasks
- Ability to schedule pilots’ duties
Pick Me Airlines, Ohio, IL
2008 – Present
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the air transportation activities
- Design and schedule training of new pilots
- Hire, and train new pilots according to the Federal regulations and company’s policies
- Develop plans and policies for generating revenues for the company
- Communicate changes in policies to staff
- Supervise the administrative operations and conform with compliance to safety rules
- Negotiate with the government authorities and union contract
- Monitor the staff expenses and ensure that it is spent according to the drafted budget
- Lay out safety rules and regulations to be followed while take-off, landing and airborne
- Investigate customers complaints related to shipments
- Conduct a regular training sessions for enhancing the staffs’ skills
- Communicate with the maintenance head for matters related to aircraft repair
Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
University of New York, New York
This chief pilot resume is written for commercial airline companies. It may not be the same when applying in any three of the armed forces. This sample resume will help you if you are seeking for commercial chief pilot position.