Operating a glider is all about skills, training and experience. There is no mechanism involved in flying it. It flies because of the wind velocity. However, it needs great skills in maneuvering and controlling the direction in the air. You must have the knowledge on how to make the glider float in the air. For this, you have to study the flow of the wind. Thus, when applying for the job, make sure that the glider pilot resume conveys your understanding of the various gliding aspects.
The glider pilot resume should show the employers the number of years, or hours of gliding experience you have. You can also describe the gliding experience by stating the kilometers you have covered through gliding. Communicate your skills in dealing with the air current while airborne. You can find better ideas by reading the resume writing tips online. For sample resume, follow this glider pilot resume.
Glider Pilot Sample Resume
Nelson N. Young
946 Frosty Lane
Windsor, NY 13865
Phone: (607) XXX-7346
To work as a glider pilot in a gliding school or a recreational centre where I can contribute my gliding knowledge and experience in helping the air sport lovers to navigate and glide in the air.
Summary of Qualifications
- Experienced in understanding the direction of wind to determine the flying condition
- Complete knowledge of handling the gliding equipment
- Remarkable navigating and maneuvering capabilities
- Familiarity with national aeronautical regulations
- Operates according to the local flying site rules
- Flawless communication and coordination skills
Blaze Gliding Club, Windsor, NY
2008 – Present
- Fly the glider with customers paid for fun ride
- Help trainees to defeat the fear of flying with motivational speech
- Demonstrate and explain on how to read the air current and maneuver the glider in the air
- Check the glider equipments to ensure safety in gliding
- Illustrate new pilots on how to face when caught under critical conditions
- Instruct the club members on safe take-off and landing
- Exhibit how to shift and control the body weight while gliding
- Select an appropriate site reading the height and air velocity for take-off
- Supervise trainees accompanying them while gliding
Bachelor’s Degree in Geography
University of New York, New York
FAA Flight Lecture – Glider Certificate
Hang gliding has caught the fancy of many people across the globe and those who have adapted to this style of flying have started earning their living from this profession as well. Use this glider pilot resume to fulfill your dream of as a pilot.