To apply for job, you must have an engineering degree. Further, the marine architect resume should include the design knowledge necessary for building a ship or yacht. You must also include your technical writing knowledge. As a marine architect, you will have to write instructions precisely and concisely to enable the construction workers to implement it while building vessels. Next, the marine architect resume must showcase physics and construction knowledge such as fluid, atmospheric dynamics, methods and tools used in constructing or repairing damaged ships.
Since the job of the marine architect is to plan and design the ship’s hull, you must demonstrate your visualizing skills to build a safe foundation that can easily float on the water. To do the ship’s base work, you will have to pay attention to several details to achieve the stability of the product. This tells that the marine architect resume must talk about skills like attention to details. Here is a sample resume of marine architect for guidance.
Sample Marine Architect Resume
William S. Summers
4064 Kuhl Avenue
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone: (678) XXX-7458
Searching for a marine architect position in a shipping company where I can meet clients’ specifications in designing and building ship, and yacht with five years of marine architectural experience.
Summary of Qualifications
- Engineering and architectural background
- Detailed technical knowledge in building vessels and container ship
- Ability to write technical instruction in precise and concise manner
- Profound knowledge of construction science
- Great visualizing and designing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and take decisions independently
- Critical thinker and problem-solving attitude
- Inspection skills to ensure proper implementation of planning design
Bon Voyage Shipping Company, Marietta, GA
2008 – Present
- Design the framework of ship and choose the right building materials
- Supervise the workers’ activities engaged in constructing and repairing ships, yachts, tugs, etc.
- Confer with clients and marine engineers to determine the need of the vessels in terms of resistance, maneuverability and weight distribution
- Study the science of fluids to understand the stability and displacement of water
- Make a special provision in the ship’s design for boiler room, heating and ventilating, piping, refrigeration equipment, and propulsion machinery
- Design the complete structure of ships according to clients’ specification and check the hull’s resistance to water to ensure safety and stability
- Build the structure in compliance with national and international standard
- Test and evaluate the performance of the built structure and determine changes
- Sketch layout for interior, elevators, ladder well, cargo space, and passenger compartments
Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
Marine Engineering College, Marietta, GA
Since lots of time and money is invested in the making of vessels, the marine architect has to ensure that clients’ investments are valued in terms of safety, and stability. If you could meet their expectations, use this marine architect resume sample to move your career to your dreamed destination.