Pantograph is a mechanical device that traces the original artwork and duplicates it on a metal, wood, plastic or any surface. To handle this device, it needs patience, accuracy and firm hands to generate the desired output. Let the employers know through the pantograph engraver resume that you have all the dexterity and hand skills in operating the engraving equipment.
Today, engraving is used in most of the industries ranging from plastic to jewelry. You can engrave a piece of art on a badge, tray, medal, glass, ornament, etc. Make sure that your pantograph engraver resume communicates your carving skills on multiple surfaces. Refer to resume examples to familiarize the right words to convey the message, or use this sample of a pantograph engraver resume to show your skills.
Sample Pantograph Engraver Resume
Dwayne A. Dotson
4177 Spring Avenue
Norristown, PA 19403
Phone: (267) XXX-74915
Looking for a pantograph engraver position in a company where my experience and manual dexterity in engraving artwork on metal, rubber, wood, glass, jewelry, and other materials will be used to its maximum.
Summary of Qualifications
- Artistic background and experienced working with a pantograph
- Firmness in hands while performing manual cutting work
- Knowledge of material used in engraving
- Critical thinker and active listener
- Good mathematical and analysis skills
- Excellent time-management and coordination skills
- Ability to read template and work as per guidelines
- Proficient in working independently
Golden Engraving Services, Norristown, PA
2009 – Present
- Read, analyze and understand the blueprint, outline, and sample of design to determine the cutting and engraving process
- Measure and calculate the size of design and lettering to be engraved
- Engrave images, letters, and designs on specified objects like medal, trays, badges, jewelry, etc.
- Prepare a template and set guidelines before starting the carving process
- Monitor the process of cutting tools with a microscope
- Ensure precision in reproduction of artwork by adjusting the movements of stylus
- Polish and sharpen the cutting tools using a cutter grinder
- Check the cut, rough spots, burrs and incomplete to determine the engraving quality
- Validate the engraving in compliance to specifications
- Review the engraving and understand the need where to highlight or darken imprint and use appropriate measures such as brushing the area with acid
- Secure the machine parts by tightening it using a wrench
- Measure and secure the position of objects to be engraved in a holding fixture
- Maneuver the height of the work table and the machine gauge to obtain a precise cut and depth
- Place the letter or the design template under the stylus to enable the cutting tool or router to move accordingly
- Start the machine and control the movement of the stylus over a template to allow the cutting tool to produce exact letter or design on needed object
- Set reduction scale to obtain required reproduction ratio on a work piece
High School Diploma
Angel’s Convent School, Norristown, PA
The pantograph engraver resume has to communicate your skills in measuring dimension and analyzing the carving needs. If you have handled the same type of responsibilities like this sample resume, feel free to copy and use it.