The basic necessity for the job is a bachelor’s or an associate’s degree in accounting. Another thing that counts while applying for the job is the similar kind of experience. When you have minimum five years of experience in your hand, you have already developed skills and abilities and raring to go. The revenue agent resume will distinguish you in front of the potential employers.
Revenue Agent Resume
Roger K. Rains
2383 Davis Court
Harrisburg, IL 62946
Phone: (618) XXX-7396
To apply my accounting skills and knowledge in determine tax liability by using proper tools and methods, and ensure that tax payers pay their taxes on time.
A highly gifted, talented and experienced revenue agent capable of conducting audit investigations independently, and amending any differences in tax liability paid or owed by the business entities.
- Skilled with numbers and mathematics and work with accuracy
- Presentation knowledge and capability to convey complex taxing regulations in a simplified manner
- Persistence attitude and look out for details to produce precise results
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, schedule work, and respond to complex issues with proper analysis and logic
- Research, extract and interpret all types of information required while auditing
- Skilled in working with computer systems in preparing payrolls
- Deep understanding about local and state government pay and conditions
- Efficient in solving all types of accounting problems
Revenue Agent 2005 – Present
Department of Administration, Adams County, IL
- Scrutinize tax returns and determine audit plans if found not as per tax regulations
- Follow the tax rules in collecting taxes from businesses and individuals
- Sort out forms that are incomplete and call taxpayers to complete it with supporting documents
- Read and refers tax books to ensure proper evaluation of tax returns
- Check and identify errors in tax forms such as wrong calculations, name and addresses
- Notify taxpayers about taxes due and overpaid, and make provision in refunding the excess tax
- Assist tax payers in filing tax forms and guide them about documents needed while submission
- Enter complete details about taxpayers in the system
- Set a deadline for paying delinquent taxes and monitor if it has been complied with
- Inform taxpayers through mails, calls and letters about the tax due date, and new changes brought in by the local and state government
- Audit and investigate tax returns to confirm authenticity of information, or to make changes in tax liabilities
- Check and decide if any exemption or deductions have to be made in tax returns
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting 2005
University of Illinois
The job of revenue agent requires an integrity and unbiased attitude. You have to have self-control on you while dealing with extreme situations and should be able to invent your own style of working. Lots of concentration and attention to details are required while performing the job. If you feel you have these qualities in you, then try your chance with the help of this sample resume of revenue agent while applying.