The job responsibilities of the room service clerk will mostly depend on your employers. You must, therefore, make an attempt to learn about it well in advance so that you can focus on it while writing the room service clerk resume. In general, the employers would like to hire candidates who have an immense degree of patience, and maturity to solve problems that usually arise in the job. They would also prefer you to be polite and friendly in nature to make the customers relax and enjoy their stay.
In addition, to these four important characteristics, the room service clerk resume should also convey your communication skills. It is necessary to have fluency in communication, since you would be conversing with customer either on the phone, or on the face. Communication skills in another foreign language will be a plus, as it will strengthen your selection.
Overall, the job you have done in the past and current employment will make the things clear for the employer in deciding whether you are the best fit for the job or not. Therefore, pay more attention when describing your job responsibilities. Read the resume writing tips to understand how to start with the work experience. Also, read on this room service clerk resume sample.
Sample Room Service Clerk Resume
Michael D. Brown
64 School Street
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) XXX-2491
I am looking for a room service clerk position in the hotel industry, and help the establishment in delivering excellent customer services to clients so that they are tempted to revisit and make mouth-to-mouth publicity as well.
Summary of Qualifications
- Courteous, polite and patient attitude
- Decent and friendly natured individual
- Possesses immense maturity to solve all sorts of problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Treat customers with respect and professional etiquettes
- Unbelievable communication skills
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Quick to react and solve customers' queries
- Hard worker with an ability to pay attention to details
- Holds excellent rapport with fellow workers and management
- Punctual, sincere and highly disciplined person
Room Service Clerk
Stay-In Hotel, Washington, DC
2007 – Present
- Provide excellent room service to guest, customers and visitors
- Ensure the cleanliness, tidiness, and pleasing atmosphere in the rooms
- Check and make provision of toiletries in the bathroom
- Inspect and ensure the working conditions of electrical equipments such as mini fridge, air conditioner, hair dryer, etc. of the rooms
- Inform the manager about faulty equipments, and get it repaired coordinating with the maintenance department
- Respond promptly to customers' request, and satisfy their demands
- Make entries of all incoming packets in the register, and ensure its delivery to the right person
- Deliver packages, laundry, and other articles to the customers' room
- Compile requisition of department and submit it to the purchase department
- Receive and deliver mails to guests, and staff
- Record service provided in the respective account for billing
- Supervise activities of room service workers
Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management
Big Institute of Hotel Management, Washington, DC
In some establishment, the room service clerks earn more than their monthly salary as tips from the customers. They even get a chance to meet and speak to celebrities from a different profession. Copy and make changes to this room service clerk resume to impress the employers.