Now, when you are writing a certified public accountant resume, there are certain errors you need to avoid. They are as enlisted below:
What you should avoid:
Prefix: Indicative prefixes like Mr., Mrs., and Miss are now passe.
Wordy objectives: Steer clear of cliched sentences and obvious statements. If you wax poetic words over the data mentioned in the sample resume, it will only prove that you are clueless regarding the resume-writing etiquettes.
Little or much exaggeration: No lying. Chances are that they will cross check and send your chances down the bin. Moreover, interviewers are good at spotting liars.
Religion and race: Companies are prohibited on considering applications based on religion and race. Your employer has no right to this information so forget mentioning them.
Juvenile interests: Putting on a farce and lying about your innate talents is a complete no-no. Ensure there is some connection between your interests and the current job profile.
How it should look:
- Highlight! Make sure your qualifications and achievements stand out.
- Make it stand out: Your resume should be impressive enough to be selected from a pile of applications. Standard formats are an eyesore for the employers who get hundreds of resume. Make it Creative, nevertheless, avoid being too eccentric or verbose. It is said that HR persons take just about 10 seconds to decide whether a resume is read worthy or not.
- Bullets: Do not write an essay in that resume. Break down into bullet points.
- Proofread: Look for spelling errors, grammatical errors, and syntax. Get what you have written reread by a professional. Proofreading is necessary.
- Keywords: Ensure you use the keywords suitably. Employers browse for resumes online with the help of keywords.
- Skills and Knowledge: Skillfully try to match these with the requirements on the job profile.
Certified Public Accountant Resume Sample
A career objective that defines what you are looking for and what you have to offer
Skills and qualifications
This section includes your soft skills and a subsection for technical skills in case of technical jobs. You can mention all your important qualities and skills that are somehow relevant to your field of work.
Place of work, designation, time for which you worked
Duties and responsibilities
Mention the duties and responsibilities of your previous job. You can also mention any special projects that you worked on. In other words, all the important and relevant job-related information are to be mentioned here.
If you are a fresher, mention your graduation / post graduation details in detail. For an experienced candidate, you should just mention the name of the certification, year of passing, name of institute and place.
Achievements and affiliations
Mention any noteworthy achievements like any award won at the previous place of work, etc.
Areas of interest
Mention your areas of interests in life as some employers like to know what their employees are good at, when it comes to extra-curricular.
State the names, place of work and contact details of your referrer. When you enlist anybody in the references section, do it only if they have permitted you to do so.
For paramount outcome, construct your resume sample as per the job requirements mentioned. Keep to the essential details. You might end up filling your resume with your own irrelevant details because you do not have sufficient qualifications and experience, or because you might think it might be impressive. However, a resume is always measured in terms of quality, not quantity. Therefore, this strategy (hardly a strategy) has never helped anyone win a good job.